Change & Configuration Management Database (CCMDB)
The IBM Tivoli Change and Configuration Management Database (CCMDB) is one of the key components of the IBM Service Management (ISM) strategy. It is the foundation for automating and supporting change and configuration management processes as described by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). These process solutions provide best practice implementations of processes based not only on ITIL, but on the IBM Process Reference Model for IT and other standards as well.
CCMDB software from Tivoli automates data, workflows and policies to align IT infrastructure management with business priorities.
- Automated impact analysis enables the quickest access to critical data that could cause outages due to change.
- Workflow-driven change processes reduce costs by making it quick to process a change, and reduce risk by planning and communicating the change before it actually occurs.
- Blackout periods identify critical business periods when outages would be expensive. Blackout periods can be restricted or locked down for maximum flexibility.
- Multicustomer enablement or Service Provider support allows management of change and configuration management for multiple customers in a single deployment.
- Ensure CMDB accuracy through complete audit and remediation processes out of the box.
- Visualization tooling allows for Topology viewing, Process Progress maps and Work Plan maps that maximizes end user productivity.
- Workbench enables drag-and-drop definition of Authorized CI Space, reducing time to value.